Thursday, January 29, 2009

#17 Heartland Baking

#17 Heartland Baking from the Midwest's Best Cooks

I'm a former Kansas girl, born and raised there! Like Dorothy, you can take the girl out of Kansas but not Kansas out of the girl. So in honor of Kansas becoming the 34th State on this day in 1861, I'm featuring my cookbook, Heartland Baking. It has a recipe for Kansas Honey-Wheat Sunflower Bread, the official bread of Kansas. It was giving this title by the state's legislature so it has to be good! We're the Sunflower State and the Nation's bread basket so this was a very easy choice. A couple more useful facts, Topeka is the capitol and the western Meadowlark is our state bird. Go Jayhawks!! So cookbook #17 is Heartland Baking from the Midwest's Best Cooks.

1 comment:

  1. Here I am in Kansas and I forgot it was Kansas Day! Thanks for the reminder.

    ReplyDelete