Tuesday, January 13, 2009

I Love Cookbooks!


I love cookbooks!
I'm not much of a cook but I read them like novels. I started obsessively collecting them while living in Cambridge, England where I discovered the Oxfam Thrift shops and I could pick them up for a pound or two. It took a huge suitcase to get them all back to Canada.

Since then, I go to Goodwill and library book sales and have added many more to my collection. I've never really counted how many I have so I thought I could start a blog and add a picture of a different cookbook each day and I'll try to be faithful. When I run out of books I should have a total count, right. So we'll see how it goes! I don't think I'll do it in any order, just whatever looks good each day or whatever is on my mind at the time. If anyone wants a recipe feel free to ask.

Thank goodness for Ikea bookshelves!
(Because someone asked, No that is not my entire cookbook collection on those two shelves, that's about 1/10th of it)

6 comments:

  1. You have more cookbooks than I could go through in a lifetime. I'm looking forward to seeing them all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do you happen to have the 1916 edition of the "McLouth Cook Book"? It was issued by the Ladies Aid Society of the U.B. Church

    ReplyDelete
  3. Do you?? I have a couple of torn out pages I think are from it, page 65 with a recipe from Mrs. Annie Woodhead and page 69 with a candy recipe from Miss Gertrude Stout. Have you got the whole thing?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think I actually read a "Little House on the Prarie" cookbook for a book report in 4th or 5th grade.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cookbooks do make great reading and I'm sure an exciting book report. I looked it up online and they're still selling it for $9.99, I'm going to keep watch for it!

    ReplyDelete