Saturday, April 4, 2009

#82 Top Secret Recipes

#82 Top Secret Recipes

This cookbook gives you 50 "secret" recipes for all time favorites, someone's favorites, not mine. Unfortunately it looks more like builder blueprints than recipes. There's not a color picture in the whole book and I can't help but think maybe the finished product wasn't all the great when compared to the real thing. There's way too many hamburgers as well, from Big Macs to Hardee's and Jack-In-The-Box.

This guy is really obsessed, who would want to make Reese's Peanut Butter Cups, it's just way too much work. Now I love Twinkies but I wouldn't try this either. It is kind of fun watching him cook one on YouTube. He even shows you how to make a Twinkie pan or you can buy one at Williams Sonoma. Check it out,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-yeyy4mQoes

I do have a friend who makes her own liqueurs and there's a recipe for Kahlua Coffee Liqueur. I guess this could save you some money and it's not too hard either. It doesn't even need a diagram to explain all the steps, that's a good sign. So cookbook #82 is Top Secret Recipes by Todd Wilbur.

3 comments:

  1. David Letterman made the comment on his show last night that it was the 75th anniversary of the Twinkie. Can you confirm that?

    ReplyDelete
  2. That show may have been a rerun since all my information says the Twinkie was invented April 6, 1930 by James Dewar. I do have the Hostess Twinkies Cookbook, which I'll post soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was a new show but he was probably just making that up. Since I'm still on Murph's computer I can only post anon.

    ReplyDelete