Sunday, April 12, 2009

#90 The Bon Appetit Dinner Party Cookbook

#90 The Bon Appetit Dinner Party Cookbook

Blessed Easter! Our friends are doing the Easter dinner this year. They've decided on a Greek theme to the meal. I know there will be delicious lamb because Wendy is great at that. One year she made it with over 40 cloves of garlic or was that the chicken. I can't remember but it was great. Garlic gets very sweet when slowly roasted, it was lovely. I developed a love of lamb when we lived in Australia, kangaroo isn't bad either. I felt a bit guilty about eating them until I saw how many there were in the Outback, but that's a topic for another post.

I'm suppose to bring roasted vegetables. I'm not big on vegetables, except for potatoes and corn so this will be a challenge. I did stop by Costco today and in their cooler section they had all these neat things. Baby eggplant, baby summer squash, Italian zucchini and fresh sweet potatoes. That sounds Greek to me anyway. I'm going for color and visual appeal with this, I don't have a clue how they'll taste or how to cook them. Since these are all imported, they were very expensive, I could have bought a huge turkey down in the States for the same price. Now turkey, I can cook.

I guess I'll just get out some of my cookbooks and see what I can find. I'll have to let you know how it comes out. Cookbook #90 is The Bon Appetit Dinner Party Cookbook.

2 comments:

  1. I have used this cookbook many times and must say that everything is wonderful. The Standing Rib Roast with Madeira sauce is out of this world. The Roasted Game Hens on Pate topped croutons...wonderful, all the veggies, everything is wonderful. Never tried anything that wasn't great. Right now we are planning on moving out of the country and all our things are in storage. A friend asked for a standing rib recipe and so I am trying to find this particular one because it IS the best!!! Anyway, years ago I bought one of these cookbooks for each of my children. Don't let this pass you by!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I found the recipe you're looking for on page 263. I'll be happy to post it for you if this would help. It does sound great!

    ReplyDelete