Saturday, February 14, 2009

#33 Death by Chocolate

#33 Death by Chocolate, The Last Word on a Consuming Passion

Happy Valentine's Day! It was hard picking a cookbook for today. I wanted something romantic so I was all set to do The Paris Cookbook and tell you the lovely story of my husband whisking me off to that beautiful city. Then I passed by the book shelf and spotted Death by Chocolate, gee, Paris or Chocolate. It was a no brainer, Chocolate, so the Paris stories will have to wait.

My husband and I did have a very romantic first meeting at a Pizza Hut. It was September and I had just turned 18. It's actually a good idea meeting for the first time at a chain restaurant. It's cheap when you want to go back and recapture the old magic and you can find them anywhere in the world. Anyway we met, I was out with a friend of his and it was love at first sight. I went right back to the dorm and told everyone I had met the man I was going to marry, Ted! That wasn't his name I found out later but I've never been good with names. Love took a few strange turns. I ended up going to a Jimi Hendrix's concert with his brother before we had our first date. Hubby took me to a Andy Williams' concert, the man was smooth! So by Valentine's Day that year, I had him hooked. I found beautiful flowers waiting for me at the desk when I returned from class, what a thrill!

There have been many other lovely gifts over the years, the built in vacuum system, the chocolates. You just can't go wrong with chocolates in my book. Are you reading this dear? Not to worry, I have that box of Kit Kat candy bars hidden away just in case. So cookbook # 33 is Death by Chocolate, The Last Word on a Consuming Passion, by Marcel Desaulniers, now he sounds French.

2 comments:

  1. I got my chocolates and I've already had two before breakfast!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What did 'Hubby' get? K

    ReplyDelete