Wednesday, February 18, 2009

#37 Low Fat for Life

#37 Low Fat for Life

It is February and this is Heart Month so here's a nice healthy cookbook for today. I must admit this stuff doesn't look too bad. Maybe a little bland, see photo. I'm kidding, everything in the book isn't pasty white. There's a big dessert section with lots of chocolate. Who knew there was low-fat cocoa powder, I sure didn't. Or "very low-fat fromage frais". It's a whole new world, I thought I was doing pretty good with the 2% milk.

I am trying to live a healthier lifestyle so I used some of my Christmas money and got a Wii Fit. Up until this weekend the only workout I had gotten with it was waiting in line for the Toys-R-Us store to open and then rushing in to get one of only 50 games they had come in. I came in number 26!

Anyway, this weekend we finally got it all set up. It's kind of amazing, you step on the board and it tells you your weight and body mass index. It also gives you your body "age". I don't like to brag but after years of not doing anything, I have a body age of 3 years less than my real age. I don't know why the family found this funny. Then they tried it out and I don't want to embarrass anyone but it's a good thing I like older men because this tells me hubby is really old. My daughter would not be happy if I told how old she registered. My lips are sealed but I would have had her at age 14 if this is right.

So we all have room for improvement and we've been doing some ski jumping, hula hooping and yoga. We're practicing strength and balance exercises and we're getting a nice rosy glow as we jog in place following a cute little Wii guy through the wee little Wii village. It's kind of fun, and I'm hoping that since I've been able to post 37 straight days on this blog, I might make it that long with the exercise routine. Wish me luck, it could happen. Cookbook # 37 is Low Fat for Life by Sue Kreitzman.

1 comment: