Tuesday, February 24, 2009

#43 The Best of New Orleans a Cookbook

#43 The Best of New Orleans a Cookbook

It's Shrove Tuesday or Fat Tuesday, Mardi Gras. We now begin the 6 weeks of Lent leading up to Easter. While down in New Orleans there will be lots of partying, I'm a Lutheran so we'll be eating pancakes. There will also be no activities involving the exchange of any shiny beads. Maybe not too exciting but it does get you in the Lenten mood.

I think the idea of eating pancake is to use up all the good stuff in your cupboards, so it doesn't go to waste during the fasting period. I'm not much of a faster but I will be using up some Bisquick. I've got the cutest little pancake forms. You spray them with oil and set them on the griddle. I haven't mastered them yet so I end up with lots of headless chickens which is always festive. I think I try to turn them too quickly, I'm going to try and be more patient this year. So even though it doesn't have a recipe for pancakes my cookbook for today is #43 The Best of New Orleans a Cookbook. Let the good times roll,
Laissez Les Bon Temps Rouler!


1 comment: