Thursday, February 26, 2009

#45 The Wonder Bread Cookbook

#45 The Wonder Bread Cookbook, an inventive and unexpected recipe collection

Who didn't love Wonder Bread? It must have been more expensive because we didn't get it very often but oh how I loved the texture. Can you tell what that is in the middle picture? It's a bread ball and the recipe for it is right there on page 35. I forgot to remove the crusts and I didn't have any Wonder Bread but it still tasted good. I love the chewy ball you get when you when you squeeze a slice as hard as you can. It really takes you back to your childhood.

Who remembers how many ways Wonder built strong bodies? At first it was only eight and then they added four more in the 1950s. My Hubby can probably name all the different ways because he has a great "brain" which was one of the things the bread claimed to strengthen. It's a fun little book and with more bread smashing, you can make bread cups and crepes suzettes, even bread waffles. I'm off to make some Wonderstrudel. Cookbook #45 is The Wonder Bread Cookbook.

1 comment: