Tuesday, February 17, 2009

#36 Sushi






#36 Sushi
I must admit I haven't tried much sushi, it goes back to my not loving fish unless it comes in a shell. Plus if I'm eating fish I like it cooked, English fish and chip style. I also really wonder how fresh the "fresh fish" we get up here could be. So with me it's been mainly the California rolls from Costco so I know I'm probably missing out.
I do love the texture of the sticky rice and they are tiny works of art. That appeals to the artist in me. Wasabi is Wonderful and the thin sliced ginger, yum. I'd probably eat about anything with enough wasabi on top. I even mix a bit of it into salad dressings now, that sure adds a nice kick.
We do have a friend who is a sushi expert, he makes preparing it look so much fun, see the photo. Also look at the beautiful display he created, I would eat any of these! So the cookbook for today is #36 Sushi by Mia Detrick.

1 comment:

  1. How nice Mindy, thanks for this homage of my friend, but he is not an expert, I know it :-) He just tries out stuff. He said to me he would have to make it again because his family is longing for sushi for many months now. Cheers

    ReplyDelete