Thursday, March 5, 2009

#52 Tasting The Wine Country





#52 Tasting The Wine Country, photos by Manfred Zeuch

Back in my #44 post, I mentioned that I had four friends who are great photographers. I mused that it would be nice if I could get them to do a guest shot here on A CookBook A Day. Well they all said yes and today I feature the work of Manfred Zeuch. To get the ball rolling, I handed each of the fellows a cookbook from my collection that I thought would appeal to their own interests. For Manfred I selected Tasting The Wine Country. Not only has he lived in the wine region of Alsace, France, his family also makes their own wine, so it was a natural.

For the cookbook cover, he took a hand held shot, no tripod, with a high ISO, so that it has a " tiny blurry, grainy, cozy feel". He also came up with some great photos from his albums to tie in with this cookbook. I'm so glad he was willing to share. The second photo is called "Remembering Alsace". The black and white one is his lovely wife sipping wine. The next one is a glamor photo of one of their homemade bottles of wine. They taste as good as they look! The final one is a photo Manfred took in the beautiful Okanagen wine region of British Columbia. They make some great wines in that area too.

So be sure to click on the above pictures, that will enlarge them and you'll get to see some excellent camera work here for a change. You can also click on the link on the right under "Blogs I Enjoy" to see more of Manfred's photos. Thanks again and well done. Cookbook #52 Tasting The Wine Country by Sharon O'Connor.

6 comments:

  1. Hi Mindy,

    I liked this one about the wine. The good Alsacian wines.
    Very interesting explanation.
    Vivian

    ReplyDelete
  2. Merci Vivian, I think the photos look great too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you, Mindy, and all for the comments about my photos. I am pleased to be part of it and it is fun! Toast, cheers, saude!
    ps: I will be updating my blog and be more active there. You are all invited :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great pictures. I'm not even a lover of wine but after looking at the pictures it made me want to have a glass!! kj

    ReplyDelete