Thursday, March 19, 2009

#66 Easy Foil Recipes

#66 Easy Foil Recipes

This entire cookbook is recipes that you cook wrapped up in foil. I'm not sure why, but I make a meal that cooks in individual foil packages. It's not like I cook it over an open fire or on the BBQ, I'm not even sure where I got the recipe. Maybe it came home from camp with the daughter. Anyway I still make it and it's called "Hobo burgers" at our house.

Gee, I just Googled it and it appears it's called "Hobo Burgers" at lots of people's houses. Even Paula Deen has a version of it. It looks like it might have originally come out of a book of camping recipes from KOA. I've never been camping in my life and don't intend to start but I'll keep making this. Looks like I should have been adding green peppers all these years, that would be a nice touch. Mine are a bit bland, actually very bland and we end up using a ton of ketchup on them, see photo. The cookbook for today is #66 Easy Foil Recipes, Simple & Delicious Recipes Using Foil!

3 comments:

  1. We call them Hobo Stews at our house.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We learned about the hobo stews from camping, when we were kids. You got the recipe from your two sisters.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome! I've got you on my RSS feed now. Rock Chalk!

    ReplyDelete