Tuesday, March 17, 2009

#64 Irish, The Taste of Ireland in Traditional Home Cooking

#64 Irish, The Taste of Ireland in Traditional Home Cooking

Happy St. Patrick's Day! I hope you've got your green on and you're all having some corn beef and cabbage today. Maybe a Guinness too if you're so inclined. I'm going to be having the traditional green St. Patrick's Day Peeps. Actually Peeps are more for Easter so I was surprised to see them in the stores already and in green no less.

I love Peeps and I want to share my favorite way of preparing them. You just take one or two Peeps, place them on a microwave safe plate and heat on high for about 15 seconds. The cute little Peeps will immediately start to expand. Be sure to watch carefully, they'll more than triple in size. Unfortunately by the time I took the picture, it had deflated like a ruined souffle. They're still delicious, gooey and melted, yum. So if you can't find the green ones for today, at least have some ready to blow up for Easter. The cookbook for today is #64 Irish, The Taste of Ireland in Traditional Home Cooking, by Matthew Drennan.

3 comments:

  1. and a happy St. Patrick's Day to you too! I'm getting ready to prepare a corned beef for the crockpot. Fixed green eggs for breakfast already.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your Green Eggs are a classic!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mmmm . . . there's nothing like a blown-up Peep. I think I'll have one for breakfast.

    ReplyDelete