Wednesday, March 25, 2009

#72 Williams-Sonoma Seafood

#72 Williams-Sonoma Seafood

It says on my calendar that it's Lobster Newburg Day, I have no idea who decides these things but I do love lobster. Just plain melted butter is fine with me but sauce is great too. I like the Newburg sauce with it's sherry, egg yolks and heavy cream. Another good one is Mornay sauce with onion, cheese and a hint of nutmeg. The important thing is the sauce should be subtle so it doesn't over power the lobster.

This is a great seafood cookbook, of course all the Williams-Sonoma books are well done and have you ever been in one of their stores? They are so beautiful! They have great seasonal displays, I'm sure they have out all the pastel KitchenAid mixers and the bunny cake pans and cookie cutters. Just check out their Easter section on their web page, I would so like those bunny plates.

They also carry very expensive food products. You can buy "Sloppy Joe Starter" for $12.95 or a box of cupcake mix for $14.00. You really pay for the joy of doing it yourself. Then there's the gadgets, they have all the utensils, slicers, graters and peelers that you could ever want.

Red Lobster just had a commercial on TV, it's Lobsterfest that's a laugh. I'll post their photo of the meal. Now is there anyone out there who has gotten anything even remotely looking like that at the restaurant. We sure haven't, in fact, we've given up on them. They can only fool me so many times with their chewy, tiny over cooked selections. Besides I can make my own Red Lobster style, garlic cheese biscuits so I just don't need them any more. Cookbook #72 is Williams-Sonoma Seafood.

No comments:

Post a Comment