Thursday, March 12, 2009

#59 Dining In, Edmonton Journal 2005 Edition

#59 Dining In, Edmonton Journal 2005 Edition

I'm sorry but sometimes size can matter. I've tried to stay cool and calm about this. I've tried to give it a chance but I'm sorry, I just can't get used to the new smaller size edition of the Edmonton Journal Newspaper. Totally without warning it appeared at my front door several days ago.

I get the paper in very early and take it back to bed with me to read. I got back under the warm covers, opened it up and thought I was going nuts. Over the years my elbows have wore nice dents in the mattress where I rest them to read. Suddenly they didn't aline and was staring at my thumbs when they should have been way out to each side. They had shrunk the newspaper width wise by at least two inches or 5.1 centimeters as we say up here in Canada. Even more frustrating, this doesn't seem to bother my hubby at all. He reads the paper while it lays flat on the kitchen table and didn't even notice the change. I want someone to feel my pain!! Why aren't there angry letters to the editor, why aren't people marching in the streets? Why?

Gee, I feel a bit better already, this blog thing and writing about anything that's on your mind is a great idea. Oh wait, I'm suppose to tie this in with a cookbook for today. No problem, I just happen to have the Edmonton Journal's edition of Dining In. It's a tacky, sad little cookbook and I wouldn't feed a dog anything made from a recipe in there.

Now I feel lots better but I still have something else to say to the genius who thought out this clever solution to "save" paper. I'm all for saving the trees and stuff but why couldn't you have taken the two inches off the bottom? I wouldn't have missed two or three inches off the bottom or top, after all length doesn't matter. The cookbook for today is #59 Dining In, Edmonton Journal 2005 Edition.

3 comments: