Sunday, March 8, 2009

#55 Campbell's Fabulous One-Dish Recipes

#55 Campbell's Fabulous One-Dish Recipes

I was just down at our little mall and there on the wall were huge Campbell Soup cans, just like the artist Andy Warhol painted, silk screened and printed back in the 60's. I could kick myself, I was an art student why didn't I invest some money in art? You could have bought a Warhol soup can painting for $1,500 in 1964 or a signed can of soup for $6. Do you have any idea how much either of those are worth now? Well let's just say you wouldn't be eating soup if you had a couple. Even the paper dresses from the era are in major museums around the world. Why didn't I save my soup can labels and send in for one of them? Just stupid I guess.

Oh no, I had to be clever, I put my money in the stocks and mutual funds and stuff like that. What do I have to show for it now, not much. I could have bought a Warhol and had something fun to look at all these years. Plus it would have been the perfect retirement fund in a few years when we'll need it. By the way, the Andy Warhol painting of a can of Campbell's Pepper Pot soup with a torn label, sold for $11.8 million in 2006! It's funny, I don't feel very hungry for soup any more. Cookbook #55 is Campbell's Fabulous One-Dish Recipes
.

1 comment:

  1. Ah the sixties. I was just born into it...on 1960. Oh the "canned" stuff, fancy and modern! Reminds of the movie "Blast fom the Past", the boy's cards will be worth a fortune 35 years later :)

    ReplyDelete